The extension to my summer reading list (so far).

The other, I posted my summer's reading list so far. And I've noted down that there was a big possibility for the list to grow, and so it happened. I have recently bought 6 books, one of them was Freedom by Jonathan Franzen, which I have finished reading from the beginning of last year (2011).

photo credit: theasylum.files.wordpress.com
It wasn't a surprise that the book was an enjoyable, memorable and thoughtful read, as it was appointed by New York Times  as one of the best books of 2010, alongside with other contenders, such as Room by Emma Donoghue (another fine piece of writing), A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan and also Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff. The experience of reading Freedom was simply one of a kind, as Franzen told the story at such great depth, allowing us readers to bond strongly with the characters. At the time the book was a borrowing from a friend. I saw a smaller size of paperback recently at the bookstore and I just couldn't resist.


As for the rest, here are the 5 books I'll be adding to my summer's reading list:

1. Big Girl by Danielle Steel


photo credit: photos.goodreads.com













2. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

photo credit: 3.bp.blogspot.com 













3. True Blue by David Baldacci

photo credit: rhapsodyinbooks.files.wordpress.com













4. The Other Side of the Story by Marian Keyes

photo credit: leurabooks.com.au













5. Safe Heaven by Nicholas Sparks

photo credit: nicholassparks.com













I'm not sure if I'm going to have enough time to finish them all, but who cares? You shouldn't read to meet deadlines. You write to meet deadlines, that's normal, but you read for pleasure, for the sake of enjoying the imagination of another's writer put into work.

Comments

Popular Posts