Holiday is finally here and I can’t wait to start my reading-frenzy. I have finished reading a novel a few days ago. It was Lola and the Boy Next Doorby Stephanie Perkins,a YA (Young Adult), something light and fun to read. I enjoyed it very much and it was a good opening for my reading feast. I’m now on my way to finishing How to Read a Book: The Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading by Mortimer J. Adler and Charles Van Doren, which is a pretty heavy one for me and takes up quite the effort. A good one though, I can assure you, a helpful guide for reading non-fiction.
So anyways, here are the books on my summer reading list so far, that is if I don’t end up buying some more:
1. Stand By Me - Sheila O’Flanagan
2. The Millennium Trilogy: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl who Played with Fire, The Girl who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest - Stieg Larsson
3. The Language Wars: A History of Proper English - Henry Hitchings
4. The Inheritance Cycle: Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Inheritance - Christopher Paolini
5. Self Editing for Fiction Writers: How to Edit Yourself into Print - Renni Browne & Dave King
6. At Home - Bill Bryson
And then possibly, though the books right now are still somewhere lost in shipment:
7. Bridget Jones Diary - Helen Fielding
8. Sex and the City - Candace Bushnell
Okay, so it’s probably not that much. But I like said, this is my list so far, only “so far”. Holiday’s just getting started.