This summer's reading list, so far.

Holiday is finally here and I can’t wait to start my reading-frenzy. I have finished reading a novel a few days ago. It was Lola and the Boy Next Doorby Stephanie Perkins,a YA (Young Adult), something light and fun to read.  I enjoyed it very much and it was a good opening for my reading feast. I’m now on my way to finishing How to Read a Book: The Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading by Mortimer J. Adler and Charles Van Doren, which is a pretty heavy one for me and takes up quite the effort. A good one though, I can assure you, a helpful guide for reading non-fiction.

photo credit: stephanieperkins.comphoto credit: cracked.com 


So anyways, here are the books on my summer reading list so far, that is if I don’t end up buying some more:

 1. Stand By Me - Sheila O’Flanagan

photo credit: www.sheilaoflanagan.net

 2. The Millennium Trilogy: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl who Played with Fire, The Girl who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest - Stieg Larsson

photo credit: sumthinblue.com


3. The Language Wars: A History of Proper English - Henry Hitchings 

photo credit: thebookpeople.co.uk

4. The Inheritance Cycle: Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Inheritance - Christopher Paolini

photo credit: en.wikipedia.org

5. Self Editing for Fiction Writers: How to Edit Yourself into Print - Renni Browne & Dave King

photo credit: selfeditingforfictionwriters.com 

6. At Home - Bill Bryson

photo credit: frankburns.files.wordpress.com

And then possibly, though the books right now are still somewhere lost in shipment:

7. Bridget Jones Diary - Helen Fielding

photo credit: therabbitbooks.files.wordpress.com

8. Sex and the City - Candace Bushnell

photo credit: images.coolspotters.com


Okay, so it’s probably not that much. But I like said, this is my list so far, only “so far”. Holiday’s just getting started.


 

Comments

Popular Posts