Deserted.

That's probably the only word that can describe my blog's current condition. DESERTED. Yes, after weeks of not writing anything on journals and quotes, and basically posting nothing, I have finally decided to start typing and posting stuff, again. I'm not exactly sure what happened along the way that made me stopped blogging for a while, because I found it a lot of fun, but I guess I kind of ran out of words to say in between, but it's not possible because I'm a writer. I write, that's what I do everyday, so I will always have something to say, no matter how important or unimportant that is. But anyway, now I can't stop typing whatever it is that comes to mind and I don't know how to put a full stop at the end of my sentences to give myself a break. 

Thinking about how I have deserted my blog, I came across this quote: 

"You may be able to take a break from writing,
but you won't be able to take a break from being a writer."
-Stephen Leigh.

I think this is so true. I know for sure that I won't be able to take a break from being a writer because how can you ever take a break from who you are? That doesn't make sense to me. You can't take a break from being a mother, or a daughter, or a woman, or a teenager, because that's who you are. I know most people would say that writing is their job, writer is an occupation. Well, I disagree. I think writers are writers because that's who they are. They were born to love the art of words and so grew up to love them and learn the craft of writing. But then again, I guess I'm talking about "true" writers, if there's ever a person as such. 

I'm not even sure I can take a break from writing. Yes, I'm sure we can always take a break of two from certain kinds of writing, like after finishing the first draft of a novel we can stop meddling with that, get a day off at the spa and move on to the next project the next day, leaving the first draft in peace before editing it later on after a few weeks or so. But that's the point. We don't really stop writing, do we? We just stop doing one writing project, relax for a few hours or a few days, few weeks maximum (probably) and then we go to the next writing project. I don't think we can stand to not write for a few weeks. I know I won't survive. 

It's kind of like what happened to me with this blog. I didn't know what to write in my journal for a day, but then I still didn't know what to say the next day, and the next day, and the next, and I just didn't feel like saying anything anymore here, until now. But that doesn't mean I didn't write anything while I stopped here. I write everyday, just in different places, under different formats. And I guess sometimes it's more fun that way? Maybe? I'm starting to fall in love with ghostwriting to be honest, which I'm still not sure is something to be proud or ashamed of. The point is, I'm still writing. And I'm still writing a lot, probably a lot more than I used to. Which is good, because the only way for a writer to write better is to write some more (and read a lot too, but that's not really the whole point here, is it?). 

Comments

Popular Posts